Major quake strikes off New Zealand`s Kermadec Islands: USGS
Wellington: A major 7.2-magnitude quake struck off New Zealand`s Kermadec Islands early today, the US Geological Survey said, but the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no widespread tsunami threat.
The earthquake struck at 7:19 am (1919 GMT today) and occurred 73 kilometres southeast of Raoul Island, USGS said. The epicentre was at a depth of 30 kilometres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore