Major quake strikes off New Zealand`s Kermadec Islands: USGS
Wellington: A major 7.2-magnitude quake struck off New Zealand`s Kermadec Islands early today, the US Geological Survey said, but the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no widespread tsunami threat.
The earthquake struck at 7:19 am (1919 GMT today) and occurred 73 kilometres southeast of Raoul Island, USGS said. The epicentre was at a depth of 30 kilometres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug