Major school shooting averted in US, thanks to teacher
Washington: Amidst talks over controlling gun violence in the US, at least one student was shot on Thursday at a high school in California`s Kern County.
A major tragedy was averted when a teacher at Taft Union High School and a campus supervisor persuaded the gunman to put his weapon down.
Notably, the gunman had enough ammunition to kill a number of people.
The US police later arrested the suspected sole gunman, a 16-year-old boy.
The suspect apparently had a disagreement with the student who was critically injured, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!