Major school shooting averted in US, thanks to teacher
Washington: Amidst talks over controlling gun violence in the US, at least one student was shot on Thursday at a high school in California`s Kern County.
A major tragedy was averted when a teacher at Taft Union High School and a campus supervisor persuaded the gunman to put his weapon down.
Notably, the gunman had enough ammunition to kill a number of people.
The US police later arrested the suspected sole gunman, a 16-year-old boy.
The suspect apparently had a disagreement with the student who was critically injured, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!