Major US, Israeli air defence exercise begins
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its largest ever exercise with the United States has begun.
A major air defence drill called Austere Challenge 2012 started Sunday and includes more than 3,500 Americans and 1,000 Israelis.
The militaries are practicing their ability to work together against a range of threats facing Israel, the main US ally in the Mideast.
The military exercise was originally scheduled for April but was postponed at Israel`s request.
No reason was given but it came amid growing talk of Israel preparing to attack Iran if Tehran does not cease its uranium enrichment programme.
The weeks-long joint exercise will test multiple Israeli and American air defence systems against incoming missiles and rockets from places as far away as Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog