Majority of Britons favour a ban on burqa
London: A majority of Britons - around 67 percent -want to see the burqa banned in the country.
Earlier in the week, members of parliament in France voted to outlaw the full Islamic veil in public. A poll by YouGov showed that two-thirds of the British public would like to see their government follow suit, the Daily Express reported.
Over 2,000 Britons were asked whether the burqa should be banned in Britain. Some 67 percent said yes, while that figure rose to 80 percent among people aged 55 or over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda