Malala meets Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
London: After finding international fame since being shot by the Taliban last year, education campaigner Malala Yousafzai has been meeting eminent personalities. After meeting US President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama last week, Malala on Friday met with another icon, Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II.
Malala was invited to the Buckingham Palace by the Queen and her husband Prince Philip where they met and chatted for a while.
Accompanied by her father, she presented Queen with a copy of her memoir which is titled ‘I am Malala’.
After the meeting the young activist hoped that the two could work together to provide education to all the children not only in Pakistan but in Britain too.
Malala is based in Britain since she was rushed there for major surgery after she was shot by the Taliban for promoting girls` education in Pakistan.
She has also won Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought but missed out on being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Malala’s memoir which recounts her horror and experience will be released on October 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested