Malala to be reunited with friends a year Taliban attack
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Almost a year after Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai survived an attack by the Taliban militants, the teenager will be reportedly reunited with her friends from Pakistan this week who were also injured in the attack.
16-year-old Malala will meet her two friends - Kainat Riaz and Shazia Ramzan – in Britain during an event at an Edinburgh University, a BBC report stated.
Malala will be addressing her first public meeting of the Global Citizenship Commission in Edinburgh.
Malala was shot in the head by the Taliban militants last year after she defied their orders and spoke in favour of girls` education.
She was later flown to Britain for treatment and has continued her education there since then.
She has won the European Union`s prestigious Sakharov human rights prize and even met US President Barack Obama in the White House.
During one of the recent interviews, Malala has said that she wants to return to Pakistan and become a politician so that she can bring a change in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you