Malawi presidential critic hospitalized
Blantyre: The lawyer for an outspoken opponent of Malawi`s President says his client has been moved from jail to a hospital, where he is being treated under police guard for a heart ailment.
Ralph Kasambara`s lawyer Wapona Kita said he went with him to a hospital early Saturday. Kita says doctors say Kasambara "has developed a serious cardiac condition".
Kasambara was arrested on Monday, accused of kidnapping and torturing three men he told reporters had confessed they had been sent by the government to firebomb his office. The government denies Kasambara`s accusations. Kasambara denies the charges against him.
Kasambara`s arrest came days after weekly newspapers quoted him saying President Bingu wa Mutharika "wants to be a dictator" and should be impeached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam