Malaysia bans US band from performing in country
London: A US metal band has been banned from performing in Malaysia, as the group could infringe the country`s religious sensitivities, officials have said.
Lamb of God were originally due to play in the Muslim-majority country on September 28.
However, the Communications and Multimedia Ministry refused to grant the band a permit.
According to the BBC, last week, the Department of Islamic Development also objected to the group`s performance.
The department said that the music the group performed mixed metal songs with verses from the Quran.
In a statement, Lamb of God said that it is very evident, and a bit frustrating, that the groups, parties and powers have taken offense to their music.
The group added that they would invite anyone offended by their music to engage in a discussion regarding the true motivations behind their work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead