Malaysia bans US band from performing in country
London: A US metal band has been banned from performing in Malaysia, as the group could infringe the country`s religious sensitivities, officials have said.
Lamb of God were originally due to play in the Muslim-majority country on September 28.
However, the Communications and Multimedia Ministry refused to grant the band a permit.
According to the BBC, last week, the Department of Islamic Development also objected to the group`s performance.
The department said that the music the group performed mixed metal songs with verses from the Quran.
In a statement, Lamb of God said that it is very evident, and a bit frustrating, that the groups, parties and powers have taken offense to their music.
The group added that they would invite anyone offended by their music to engage in a discussion regarding the true motivations behind their work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA