Malaysia bans US band from performing in country
London: A US metal band has been banned from performing in Malaysia, as the group could infringe the country`s religious sensitivities, officials have said.
Lamb of God were originally due to play in the Muslim-majority country on September 28.
However, the Communications and Multimedia Ministry refused to grant the band a permit.
According to the BBC, last week, the Department of Islamic Development also objected to the group`s performance.
The department said that the music the group performed mixed metal songs with verses from the Quran.
In a statement, Lamb of God said that it is very evident, and a bit frustrating, that the groups, parties and powers have taken offense to their music.
The group added that they would invite anyone offended by their music to engage in a discussion regarding the true motivations behind their work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming