‘Malaysia declared ‘top Muslim tourist destination`
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia has been declared a top tourist spot for Muslims, according to an independent study. The study came to the conclusion based on the number of trips by Muslims, and declared that the top destinations for Muslim tourists are Malaysia, Turkey and UAE.
According to The Star, the next six destinations are Singapore, Russia, China, France, Thailand, and Italy, the Global Muslim Lifestyle Travel Market: Landscape & Consumer Needs Study survey conducted by United States-based marketing research firm DinarStandard said. In the report, Malaysia was highlighted for catering to Muslim tourists’ needs.
Almost 67 percent of the Muslims surveyed said that having halal food options was the most important factor in choosing a travel destination, the report said. According to the report, the study estimated that the Muslim tourism market was worth 126.1 billion US dollars last year, or 12.3 percent of the world’s outbound tourism expenditure.
The survey had 992 Muslim tourist respondents between May and June and was produced in partnership with the Singapore-based Crescentrating travel portal, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam