‘Malaysia declared ‘top Muslim tourist destination`
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia has been declared a top tourist spot for Muslims, according to an independent study. The study came to the conclusion based on the number of trips by Muslims, and declared that the top destinations for Muslim tourists are Malaysia, Turkey and UAE.
According to The Star, the next six destinations are Singapore, Russia, China, France, Thailand, and Italy, the Global Muslim Lifestyle Travel Market: Landscape & Consumer Needs Study survey conducted by United States-based marketing research firm DinarStandard said. In the report, Malaysia was highlighted for catering to Muslim tourists’ needs.
Almost 67 percent of the Muslims surveyed said that having halal food options was the most important factor in choosing a travel destination, the report said. According to the report, the study estimated that the Muslim tourism market was worth 126.1 billion US dollars last year, or 12.3 percent of the world’s outbound tourism expenditure.
The survey had 992 Muslim tourist respondents between May and June and was produced in partnership with the Singapore-based Crescentrating travel portal, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents