Malaysia: Iranian`s extradition hearing on May 28
Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysian court on Monday set May 28 for hearing of an application to extradite to Thailand an Iranian national suspected of involvement in the triple blasts in central Bangkok in February.
Sessions court judge SM Komathy Suppiah fixed the date to hear the government`s application to extradite 31-year-old Masoud Sedaghatzadeh to Thailand to face charges of making and being in possession of explosive devices and also for causing an explosion.
Attorney-General`s Chambers head of extradition unit, Kamal Baharin Omar, informed the judge that a supplementary affidavit was filed today in support of the extradition application which was filed on March 15.
He said the supplementary affidavit, which includes photographs of the crime scene where the bombing occurred, was served on the respondent today.
The judge also fixed April 30 for the defence to file an affidavit in reply.
On February 14, three bomb attacks rocked central Bangkok injuring five people including one suspect identified as Iranian national Saeid Moradi, whose legs were blown off when he reportedly tried to hurl a bomb at a police car.
The injured man was arrested by Thai authorities.
Masoud, fled to Malaysia, but was arrested at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal here on February 15 after being alerted by Thai authorities. Another suspect was nabbed as he attempted to board a flight out of Thailand.
Israel claims that the Iranian suspects involved in the blasts were part of the same network of assailants who targeted the Israeli embassy staff in India and Georgia.
Thailand, however, has not determined if there were any links between the events in Bangkok, New Delhi and Tbilisi.
Iran has denied any link with explosions here.
An Israeli woman diplomat was injured in an attack in New Delhi but a similar attack in Tbilisi was averted when the explosive device was discovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das