Malaysia thwarts tugboat hijack attempt
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian authorities have arrested four Indonesian pirates who tried to hijack a barge which had a nine-member crew, including four Indians, off Borneo island.
No crew member was harmed when the pirates entered the barge armed with machetes. The men boarded the Malaysian vessel off Sarawak state on Thursday.
The crew locked themselves inside the tugboat and raised the alarm, Abim Sungom of the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency said.
Later, four pirates were detained by the authorities from the barge which was carrying containers.
Though the crew of four Indians, four Malaysians, and two Indonesians was not injured but some valuables, including mobile phones and cash, were stolen.
The vessel was heading from peninsular Malaysia to Borneo island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?