Malaysia to announce assets details for MH370`s search
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein on Friday said that the details of the assets that would be deployed for various stages of the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, would be announced soon.
Hishammuddin said the deployment of the assets would cover both the bathymetric survey and the search of the sea bed, which would include assets such as the Multi-Beam Echo Sounder and the Prosas Towed Side Scan Sonar to join the search efforts in the coming months, Xinhua reported.
Hishammuddin said a Malaysian delegation met with their Australian counterparts recently to discuss and coordinate the arrangements for Malaysia`s participation in this phase of the search operation.
Australia announced on Thursday a new area for the search of the missing aircraft.
According to Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss, the new area, covering about 60,000 sq.km, would be towards the south of the area previously searched.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 vanished mysteriously about an hour after taking off for Beijing from Kuala Lumpur shortly after midnight March 8.
The Boeing 777-200ER was scheduled to land in Beijing the same morning. The 227 passengers on board included five Indians, 154 Chinese and 38 Malaysians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know