Malaysian cop gets 100 months` jail for sexually abusing minor
Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysian court has sentenced a 55-year-old policeman to 100 months in jail for sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl.
The Sessions court in Penang state found the corporal guilty of assaulting the minor, The Star Online reported on Friday.
The offence carries a maximum 20 years in jail and whipping upon conviction.
The policeman was, however, spared whipping with a cane in view of his age, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video