Malaysian Home Minister escapes unhurt in chopper mishap
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein on Sunday had a miraculous escape when the helicopter he was travelling had a rough landing.
He was returning to the capital in the morning after casting his vote in Johor in the south of the country. No one was hurt in the incident.
Inspector-General of Police Ismail Omar said the helicopter Hishammuddin was travelling in had a rough landing, and landed on its side on the runaway at an Air Force base.
"No one was injured in the mishap but Hishammuddin was taken to a medical facility together with several passengers within the air force base for a check up. The private helicopter was overcome by strong winds during the landing which caused it to overturn," Omar said.
Hishammuddin, his wife, daughter and son-in-law were in the helicopter and were taken to a medical facility for a check up.
Malaysia is holding its 13th General Elections today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!