Malaysian-Indian party’s internal polls in 2014
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia`s largest ethnic Indian political party has said it will conduct its organisational elections in 2014.
Malaysian Indian Congress chief G Palanivel said elections at the branch level would take place in December or January followed by division level, the Malaysian Star reported.
Other elections such as the division, state, presidential, and CWC meetings are also expected to be held in 2014.
"The presidential election will start between January and March next year and after that we will have elections for the deputy president, vice presidents, CWC members and delegates," Palanivel said, adding that MIC would also set up a committee for presidential elections in November or December.
Meanwhile, Palanivel brushed off allegations that party branches will pass a `no contest` resolution for the party`s top posts.
"I did not ask them to do such a thing, if they do, then it`s their business. If anybody wants to challenge (me), then it`s up to them," he said after chairing the party`s central working committee (CWC) meeting on Friday.
Asked if he was expecting people to challenge him for the top post, Palanivel replied, "I am not thinking of that yet."
Malaysia is home to one of the largest communities of overseas Indians numbering 2.4 million, which is about 8 per cent of the country`s population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence