Malaysian man arrested for insulting royal house
Kuala lumpur: A 27-year-old Malaysian man has been arrested for allegedly posting seditious remarks on his Facebook page against the Johor royal family.
According to the police, Ahmad Abd Jalil was picked up on Friday night from his office in a Kuala Lumpur suburb for questioning before being taken to Johor.
Ahmad, a quality surveyor by profession, is being held at the Johor Baru district police headquarters.
The detention is at least the third in two years related to the Johor royal house, even as the government has announced plans to repeal the controversial Sedition Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’