Malaysian man arrested for insulting royal house
Kuala lumpur: A 27-year-old Malaysian man has been arrested for allegedly posting seditious remarks on his Facebook page against the Johor royal family.
According to the police, Ahmad Abd Jalil was picked up on Friday night from his office in a Kuala Lumpur suburb for questioning before being taken to Johor.
Ahmad, a quality surveyor by profession, is being held at the Johor Baru district police headquarters.
The detention is at least the third in two years related to the Johor royal house, even as the government has announced plans to repeal the controversial Sedition Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?