Malaysian man arrested for insulting royal house
Kuala lumpur: A 27-year-old Malaysian man has been arrested for allegedly posting seditious remarks on his Facebook page against the Johor royal family.
According to the police, Ahmad Abd Jalil was picked up on Friday night from his office in a Kuala Lumpur suburb for questioning before being taken to Johor.
Ahmad, a quality surveyor by profession, is being held at the Johor Baru district police headquarters.
The detention is at least the third in two years related to the Johor royal house, even as the government has announced plans to repeal the controversial Sedition Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'