Malaysian woman to spend time with 100 venomous snakes
Kuala Lumpur: A 31-year-old Malaysian
woman plans to attempt a world record next year by spending
time with 100 venomous snakes in a small glass chamber, a
media report said on Wednesday.
As part of her preparations for the feat, Noor
Azhariah Adnan will spend 12 hours a day with the snakes for
20 days from Monday.
She will do this at a museum in ioph, the capital city
of the state of Perak, where she sits in a 3.6-by-2m glass
room filled with 100 snakes.
Local media reports said visitors could see her
training until November 6.
"I have all my meals in here and I will only go out
for short breaks," a trendily dressed Noor told reporters at
the museum yesterday.
She said she was not scared of snakes because she
"I think they are the most delicate and sensitive
creatures," she said.
Noor Azhariah, who has been handling snakes for 15
years, said her interest to become a snake performer began
when she was 16.
"I attended a reptile exhibition which showcased a
woman handling venomous snakes, and even kissing a cobra on
"I was impressed and wanted to do the same," she
Noor Azhariah said she had trained under Malaysia`s
Raja Ular (snake king), Ali Khan Shamsudin, who died in 2006
after he was bitten by a king cobra.
Now, she is being trained by Ali Khan`s
brother-in-law, Hussine Dastagir, 50, who is also a performer
with more than 30 years experience as a snake handler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi