Malaysians get easy online access to PM
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, already in blogosphere tweeting to citizens, will next month introduce two new interactive platforms - a mobile application (app) and the online 1Malaysia Roundtable.
He said the app would integrate all his online platforms including his website, Facebook page and Twitter account so that people could connect with him more easily, reported Bernama, the official news agency.
"Instead of switching between different interfaces, you can leave comments on my blog or Facebook, tweet me, and register for upcoming gatherings using a single application.”
"...I will introduce additional apps in the future," he said in his latest blog posting entitled `Let`s Keep the Conversation Going!`.
The Prime Minister said people could discuss ideas that could contribute to nation-building, guided by Malaysian experts from various fields in the Roundtable.
"I am very excited about the online 1Malaysia Roundtable via 1Malaysia.com.my.”
"You know that I have always made it clear that direct engagement with you is important to me. However, I also acknowledge that my time is limited, and there are a number of obligations that I must attend to daily.”
"Hence, I came up with the Roundtable. The subject matter experts will assist us in shaping these online discussions and sharing your ideas with me."
Najib would not say more about these two platforms for now, but he hoped that Malaysians would be looking forward to using them very soon, New Straits Times said on Thursday.
"There are other exciting plans in the pipeline, but most importantly, I hope that you use these opportunities wisely and help me in making our nation better and in becoming a fully-developed, high-income nation we can all be proud of!”
"As always, your thoughts are most welcome. Let`s keep the conversation going!"
Najib updates his blog every night before going to sleep.
He jested recently that his wife, Rosmah Mansor, gets `irritated` when he sits down to updating his blog and respond to followers late in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information