Malaysians to hang for Singaporean actress murder
Kuala Lumpur: Two Malaysian men have been sentenced to death by hanging for the 2001 murder of a Singaporean actress, according to reports Wednesday.
After a year-long trial, the High Court on Tuesday found make-up artist Esma Faizul Zainul Nor, 38, and unemployed Mohamad Fazli Ismail, 27, guilty of murdering Una Angelia Oliveiro, the Star daily reported.
It said Oliveiro, who acted in a Malaysian sitcom, was found with stab wounds in the dining room of her bungalow eight years ago. She was 44.
"There is not even an iota of (defence) evidence which could make the court not believe the testimony given by witnesses who heard confessions from both accused," judge Mohamed Apandi Ali said, according to the daily.
The duo had confessed to their friends that they had killed Oliveiro with a knife taken from her kitchen, it reported.
Court official were not immediately available to confirm the verdict and sentence. The death penalty is carried out by hanging in Malaysia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium