Malaysians to hang for Singaporean actress murder
Kuala Lumpur: Two Malaysian men have been sentenced to death by hanging for the 2001 murder of a Singaporean actress, according to reports Wednesday.
After a year-long trial, the High Court on Tuesday found make-up artist Esma Faizul Zainul Nor, 38, and unemployed Mohamad Fazli Ismail, 27, guilty of murdering Una Angelia Oliveiro, the Star daily reported.
It said Oliveiro, who acted in a Malaysian sitcom, was found with stab wounds in the dining room of her bungalow eight years ago. She was 44.
"There is not even an iota of (defence) evidence which could make the court not believe the testimony given by witnesses who heard confessions from both accused," judge Mohamed Apandi Ali said, according to the daily.
The duo had confessed to their friends that they had killed Oliveiro with a knife taken from her kitchen, it reported.
Court official were not immediately available to confirm the verdict and sentence. The death penalty is carried out by hanging in Malaysia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow