Malaysians to hang for Singaporean actress murder
Kuala Lumpur: Two Malaysian men have been sentenced to death by hanging for the 2001 murder of a Singaporean actress, according to reports Wednesday.
After a year-long trial, the High Court on Tuesday found make-up artist Esma Faizul Zainul Nor, 38, and unemployed Mohamad Fazli Ismail, 27, guilty of murdering Una Angelia Oliveiro, the Star daily reported.
It said Oliveiro, who acted in a Malaysian sitcom, was found with stab wounds in the dining room of her bungalow eight years ago. She was 44.
"There is not even an iota of (defence) evidence which could make the court not believe the testimony given by witnesses who heard confessions from both accused," judge Mohamed Apandi Ali said, according to the daily.
The duo had confessed to their friends that they had killed Oliveiro with a knife taken from her kitchen, it reported.
Court official were not immediately available to confirm the verdict and sentence. The death penalty is carried out by hanging in Malaysia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog