Malaysia`s ethnic-Indian leader critical after being shot at
Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysian Indian Congress leader has been shot by an unidentified gunman in the state of Johor and was battling for life in a critical condition.
B Manikam, who is in his 50s, was shot several times on Thursday while having a chat with a friend outside his home in Taman Desa in Yong Peng, the Malaysia Star reported.
Both men were rushed to the Batu Pahat Hospital for treatment. Manikam is said to be in a serious condition.
Police were investigating all angles, including business rivalry or political reasons, that may have led to the shooting.
Established in 1946, MIC is one of the three major constituents of Malaysia`s ruling Barisan Nasional coalition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon