Malaysia`s Health Minister injured in car accident
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia`s Indian-origin Health Minister S Subramaniam suffered light neck injury when his car rammed into a lorry on the North-South Expressway here.
The incident occurred late last night when the minister was on his way to Malacca and a lorry veered into their lane.
Subramaniam who is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC), the country`s largest ethnic Indian based political party, was on the way to attend a meeting with the state MIC to discuss the upcoming party general assembly on November 30.
Subramaniam and the driver escaped with light injuries but another person in the car identified as Sergeant Zulklifi Wahab sustained injuries in his abdomen.
Subramaniam`s condition was described as stable by a party official, state news agency Bernama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt