Malaysia`s Health Minister injured in car accident
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia`s Indian-origin Health Minister S Subramaniam suffered light neck injury when his car rammed into a lorry on the North-South Expressway here.
The incident occurred late last night when the minister was on his way to Malacca and a lorry veered into their lane.
Subramaniam who is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC), the country`s largest ethnic Indian based political party, was on the way to attend a meeting with the state MIC to discuss the upcoming party general assembly on November 30.
Subramaniam and the driver escaped with light injuries but another person in the car identified as Sergeant Zulklifi Wahab sustained injuries in his abdomen.
Subramaniam`s condition was described as stable by a party official, state news agency Bernama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document