Maldives` JSC denies making remarks on Nasheed
Male: The Judicial Service Commission of Maldives on Saturday denied making any statements on former President Mohamed Nasheed taking refuge in the Indian High Commission here.
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC), a watchdog responsible for the administration of the justice system here, said the purported statement was being circulated in a "forged letter head".
"We, the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) of Maldives, categorically deny issuing any statement on this regard," the JSC said in a letter to the Indian High Commission.
A foreign agency issued a story based on this statement which was picked up by various media outlets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players