Maldives` JSC denies making remarks on Nasheed
Male: The Judicial Service Commission of Maldives on Saturday denied making any statements on former President Mohamed Nasheed taking refuge in the Indian High Commission here.
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC), a watchdog responsible for the administration of the justice system here, said the purported statement was being circulated in a "forged letter head".
"We, the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) of Maldives, categorically deny issuing any statement on this regard," the JSC said in a letter to the Indian High Commission.
A foreign agency issued a story based on this statement which was picked up by various media outlets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian hacker uncovers Vine's source code, rewarded $10,080 by Twitter!
- Maharashtra to have panel on code of conduct for legislator
- Shiv Sena 'rotted' during 25 years of alliance with BJP: Uddhav Thackeray
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk