Maldives` JSC denies making remarks on Nasheed
Male: The Judicial Service Commission of Maldives on Saturday denied making any statements on former President Mohamed Nasheed taking refuge in the Indian High Commission here.
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC), a watchdog responsible for the administration of the justice system here, said the purported statement was being circulated in a "forged letter head".
"We, the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) of Maldives, categorically deny issuing any statement on this regard," the JSC said in a letter to the Indian High Commission.
A foreign agency issued a story based on this statement which was picked up by various media outlets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened