Maldives Parl to discuss no-confidence motion agai
Male: The Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) of former president Mohamed Nasheed has moved a no-confidence motion to remove the Speaker of the country`s Parliament in what could be a new trial of strength.
The motion against Speaker Abdullah Shahid was moved in the last session and it will be taken up in the House tomorrow, with little prospects of its going through as the MDP has only 31 lawmakers in the House of 77.
The Parliament was back at work for the second term today after a month-long break.
Most of the other lawmakers are backing the present coalition government.
MDP lawmakers have charged Shahid of failing to follow parliamentary regulations, alleging that he had been making decisions relating to significant parliamentary issues without consulting other parties.
Nasheed says that he was forced to resign on February 7 in what he claims was a `coup`. He was replaced by President Waheed Hassan whose coalition government is currently ruling the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read