Maldives: ‘Parliament to convene from next Monday’
Male: The session of Maldives` Parliament will begin from Monday next even if the parties don`t agree on the amendments to the regulations, Deputy Speaker of the House Ahmed Nazim has said.
The Deputy Speaker said political parties representing the Parliament held discussions on a draft to amend the regulations of the Parliament, which is in deadlock situation after the change of Government on February 7.
"A draft has been submitted to the parliamentary groups of political parties," Nazim said while speaking at DhiTV yesterday.
The parties present at the discussions include Maldivian Democratic party (MDP), Dhivehi Raiyyithunge Party (DRP), Peoples` Alliance (PA) and Jumhooree Party (JP).
Deputy Speaker also said that whatever the outcome would be for the amendments, they would begin the session next Monday and "hopefully there might be a session on coming Thursday also if possible".
"MDP Parliamentary group leader, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih has also said that he was positive to get the amendments to the regulations to the Parliament and keen to start session as soon as possible to me," the Deputy Speaker said, adding no one would not let anyone to use force to stop the session and would proceed without hindrance.
Meanwhile, Secretary General of Parliament, Ahmed Mohamed had also indicated that the damage caused to equipment at the Parliament Chamber on March 19 would be fixed this week, and the session can hopefully take place next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city