Mali operations good example of dealing shared threat: Hagel
Washington: The military operation in Mali was a good example of building an alliance with common interests to deal with shared threats and challenges, the US Defense Secretary, Chuck Hagel, told his French counterpart.
According to the Pentagon Press Secretary George Little, Hagel in his telephonic conversation with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian also discussed issues of mutual interest.
Hagel added the US appreciation to the French for their active leadership in addressing security challenges in Mali.
"He noted that Mali operations are a good example of building an alliance with common interests to deal with shared threats and challenges," Little said.
Hagel also expressed his desire to meet with Le Drian in person, Little said the two leaders agreed to seek an opportunity to meet in the near future to discuss the global security interests shared by both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post