Mali operations good example of dealing shared threat: Hagel
Washington: The military operation in Mali was a good example of building an alliance with common interests to deal with shared threats and challenges, the US Defense Secretary, Chuck Hagel, told his French counterpart.
According to the Pentagon Press Secretary George Little, Hagel in his telephonic conversation with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian also discussed issues of mutual interest.
Hagel added the US appreciation to the French for their active leadership in addressing security challenges in Mali.
"He noted that Mali operations are a good example of building an alliance with common interests to deal with shared threats and challenges," Little said.
Hagel also expressed his desire to meet with Le Drian in person, Little said the two leaders agreed to seek an opportunity to meet in the near future to discuss the global security interests shared by both countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai