Mali operations good example of dealing shared threat: Hagel
Washington: The military operation in Mali was a good example of building an alliance with common interests to deal with shared threats and challenges, the US Defense Secretary, Chuck Hagel, told his French counterpart.
According to the Pentagon Press Secretary George Little, Hagel in his telephonic conversation with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian also discussed issues of mutual interest.
Hagel added the US appreciation to the French for their active leadership in addressing security challenges in Mali.
"He noted that Mali operations are a good example of building an alliance with common interests to deal with shared threats and challenges," Little said.
Hagel also expressed his desire to meet with Le Drian in person, Little said the two leaders agreed to seek an opportunity to meet in the near future to discuss the global security interests shared by both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO