Maliki tells Iraq forces to stay out of `political crisis`
Baghdad: Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on Tuesday ordered Iraq`s security forces to stay out of a "political crisis" over who will form the next government, amid fears they could intervene.
The two-term premier, whose bid to stay in power has faltered, urged security personnel "to stay away from the political crisis and continue in their security and military duties to defend the country," a statement on Maliki`s website said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi