Maliki tells Iraq forces to stay out of `political crisis`
Baghdad: Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on Tuesday ordered Iraq`s security forces to stay out of a "political crisis" over who will form the next government, amid fears they could intervene.
The two-term premier, whose bid to stay in power has faltered, urged security personnel "to stay away from the political crisis and continue in their security and military duties to defend the country," a statement on Maliki`s website said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed