Man accused of 30 murders held in Colombia
Bogota: The suspected leader of criminal gang, believed to have committed more than 30 murders, has been arrested in Colombia, President Juan Manuel Santos.
Picante, leader of the Los Rastrojos gang, was arrested at a luxury estate in Dagua region in Valle del Cauca province, in an operation Friday by police and the federal Attorney General`s Office.
Authorities are investigating Picante for at least 32 homicides, most of them in the last 18 months in Tulua town, where several dismembered bodies were found.
Other gang members have also been arrested in Tulua, Buga, Andalucia and Cali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre