Man accused of 30 murders held in Colombia
Bogota: The suspected leader of criminal gang, believed to have committed more than 30 murders, has been arrested in Colombia, President Juan Manuel Santos.
Picante, leader of the Los Rastrojos gang, was arrested at a luxury estate in Dagua region in Valle del Cauca province, in an operation Friday by police and the federal Attorney General`s Office.
Authorities are investigating Picante for at least 32 homicides, most of them in the last 18 months in Tulua town, where several dismembered bodies were found.
Other gang members have also been arrested in Tulua, Buga, Andalucia and Cali.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed