Man accused of starting California wildfire
Redding (California, US): Authorities believe a wildfire in Northern California was sparked by the exhaust from a truck driven by a man delivering supplies to an illegal marijuana plot.
Freddie Alexander Smoke III, 27, was arrested on Saturday for investigation of recklessly causing a fire and illegally cultivating marijuana, according to the California Department of Fire and Forestry Protection.
The fire has burned 15 square kilometres of forested land and destroyed 18 structures, CalFire officials said. The fire, burning in steep terrain, was just 15 per cent contained yesterday morning.
More than 1,700 firefighters, aided by aircraft, battled the blaze in hot, dry conditions.
The wildfire had prompted evacuations and road closures, but CalFire said all residents have been allowed to return home.
Still, the fire is threatening 15 homes and about 50 other structures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA