Man accused of starting California wildfire
Redding (California, US): Authorities believe a wildfire in Northern California was sparked by the exhaust from a truck driven by a man delivering supplies to an illegal marijuana plot.
Freddie Alexander Smoke III, 27, was arrested on Saturday for investigation of recklessly causing a fire and illegally cultivating marijuana, according to the California Department of Fire and Forestry Protection.
The fire has burned 15 square kilometres of forested land and destroyed 18 structures, CalFire officials said. The fire, burning in steep terrain, was just 15 per cent contained yesterday morning.
More than 1,700 firefighters, aided by aircraft, battled the blaze in hot, dry conditions.
The wildfire had prompted evacuations and road closures, but CalFire said all residents have been allowed to return home.
Still, the fire is threatening 15 homes and about 50 other structures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?