Man accused of starting California wildfire
Redding (California, US): Authorities believe a wildfire in Northern California was sparked by the exhaust from a truck driven by a man delivering supplies to an illegal marijuana plot.
Freddie Alexander Smoke III, 27, was arrested on Saturday for investigation of recklessly causing a fire and illegally cultivating marijuana, according to the California Department of Fire and Forestry Protection.
The fire has burned 15 square kilometres of forested land and destroyed 18 structures, CalFire officials said. The fire, burning in steep terrain, was just 15 per cent contained yesterday morning.
More than 1,700 firefighters, aided by aircraft, battled the blaze in hot, dry conditions.
The wildfire had prompted evacuations and road closures, but CalFire said all residents have been allowed to return home.
Still, the fire is threatening 15 homes and about 50 other structures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon