Man accused of starting California wildfire
Redding (California, US): Authorities believe a wildfire in Northern California was sparked by the exhaust from a truck driven by a man delivering supplies to an illegal marijuana plot.
Freddie Alexander Smoke III, 27, was arrested on Saturday for investigation of recklessly causing a fire and illegally cultivating marijuana, according to the California Department of Fire and Forestry Protection.
The fire has burned 15 square kilometres of forested land and destroyed 18 structures, CalFire officials said. The fire, burning in steep terrain, was just 15 per cent contained yesterday morning.
More than 1,700 firefighters, aided by aircraft, battled the blaze in hot, dry conditions.
The wildfire had prompted evacuations and road closures, but CalFire said all residents have been allowed to return home.
Still, the fire is threatening 15 homes and about 50 other structures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened