Man arrested after HK acid attack that injured 30
Hong Kong: Police arrested a man early Sunday after two bottles of corrosive liquid were hurled into a crowd at one of Hong Kong`s famous tourist spots, officials said. At least 30 people were injured in the city`s latest acid attack.
The victims, including children and tourists, were all treated at local hospitals for burns and other injuries and released. The liquid was thrown on them Saturday night near Temple Street, a densely populated district known for its outdoor shops and restaurants in the city`s Kowloon area.
Hong Kong has seen a series of similar attacks since December 2008 that have injured more than 100 people.
The suspect, described as a Chinese man in his 30s, was arrested after authorities found him on the roof a nearby building along with caps to the bottles believed to have been used in the attack, said police spokeswoman Michelle Mak.
The suspect has not been formally charged, and the investigation is ongoing, Mak said. She did not say if he was also suspected in other attacks.
Hong Kong leader Donald Tsang said authorities were offering a reward of HK$300,000 (USD 39,000) for information on the case.
The attack "makes people very angry and sad," Tsang told reporters on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch