Man arrested after HK acid attack that injured 30
Hong Kong: Police arrested a man early Sunday after two bottles of corrosive liquid were hurled into a crowd at one of Hong Kong`s famous tourist spots, officials said. At least 30 people were injured in the city`s latest acid attack.
The victims, including children and tourists, were all treated at local hospitals for burns and other injuries and released. The liquid was thrown on them Saturday night near Temple Street, a densely populated district known for its outdoor shops and restaurants in the city`s Kowloon area.
Hong Kong has seen a series of similar attacks since December 2008 that have injured more than 100 people.
The suspect, described as a Chinese man in his 30s, was arrested after authorities found him on the roof a nearby building along with caps to the bottles believed to have been used in the attack, said police spokeswoman Michelle Mak.
The suspect has not been formally charged, and the investigation is ongoing, Mak said. She did not say if he was also suspected in other attacks.
Hong Kong leader Donald Tsang said authorities were offering a reward of HK$300,000 (USD 39,000) for information on the case.
The attack "makes people very angry and sad," Tsang told reporters on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog