Man arrested for China bus fire, toll six
Beijing: A man suspected of starting a bus fire that killed six people in China was arrested Friday.
The man, surnamed Su, "took revenge on society" by igniting a barrel of gasoline on the bus Thursday, ending in tragedy, police with southwest China`s Guizhou Province told Xinhua.
The fire was started at around 1 p.m. as the bus was passing by a primary school in the northern part of Guiyang city.
It spread quickly and many people simply did not notice the emergency hammers to smash the bus windows in order to escape, according to survivors.
A four-month-old boy was among the six dead and 35 others were injured.
The injured, including one in critical condition, were being treated at local hospitals.
It is not the first such case in China in recent years. On June 7, 2013, a bus in the east China coastal city of Xiamen burst into flames, leaving 47 people dead and 34 others injured.
On June 5, 2009, a bus in Chengdu caught fire and left 25 passengers dead. Police concluded the fire was deliberately set by an unemployed man who died in the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside