Man arrested for China bus fire, toll six
Beijing: A man suspected of starting a bus fire that killed six people in China was arrested Friday.
The man, surnamed Su, "took revenge on society" by igniting a barrel of gasoline on the bus Thursday, ending in tragedy, police with southwest China`s Guizhou Province told Xinhua.
The fire was started at around 1 p.m. as the bus was passing by a primary school in the northern part of Guiyang city.
It spread quickly and many people simply did not notice the emergency hammers to smash the bus windows in order to escape, according to survivors.
A four-month-old boy was among the six dead and 35 others were injured.
The injured, including one in critical condition, were being treated at local hospitals.
It is not the first such case in China in recent years. On June 7, 2013, a bus in the east China coastal city of Xiamen burst into flames, leaving 47 people dead and 34 others injured.
On June 5, 2009, a bus in Chengdu caught fire and left 25 passengers dead. Police concluded the fire was deliberately set by an unemployed man who died in the fire.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor