Man arrested for China bus fire, toll six
Beijing: A man suspected of starting a bus fire that killed six people in China was arrested Friday.
The man, surnamed Su, "took revenge on society" by igniting a barrel of gasoline on the bus Thursday, ending in tragedy, police with southwest China`s Guizhou Province told Xinhua.
The fire was started at around 1 p.m. as the bus was passing by a primary school in the northern part of Guiyang city.
It spread quickly and many people simply did not notice the emergency hammers to smash the bus windows in order to escape, according to survivors.
A four-month-old boy was among the six dead and 35 others were injured.
The injured, including one in critical condition, were being treated at local hospitals.
It is not the first such case in China in recent years. On June 7, 2013, a bus in the east China coastal city of Xiamen burst into flames, leaving 47 people dead and 34 others injured.
On June 5, 2009, a bus in Chengdu caught fire and left 25 passengers dead. Police concluded the fire was deliberately set by an unemployed man who died in the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why