Man arrested for planning Prince Charles assault
Auckland: A New Zealand man has been charged with planning to assault Prince Charles during a royal visit to the Pacific nation.
Charles and his wife Camilla are on a six-day tour of New Zealand, the last leg of their Pacific tour marking Queen Elizabeth II`s 60th Jubilee.
Police say they arrested a "known anti-royalist" yesterday near a downtown Auckland venue where the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were due to appear. Police say the royal couple had not yet arrived at the venue and were never in any danger.
Police say the 74-year-old man was carrying an item but they would not say what it was. He is due to appear in the Auckland District Court today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata