Man arrested for planning Prince Charles assault
Auckland: A New Zealand man has been charged with planning to assault Prince Charles during a royal visit to the Pacific nation.
Charles and his wife Camilla are on a six-day tour of New Zealand, the last leg of their Pacific tour marking Queen Elizabeth II`s 60th Jubilee.
Police say they arrested a "known anti-royalist" yesterday near a downtown Auckland venue where the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were due to appear. Police say the royal couple had not yet arrived at the venue and were never in any danger.
Police say the 74-year-old man was carrying an item but they would not say what it was. He is due to appear in the Auckland District Court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire