Man arrested on US warrant after flight diverted
Washington: An Aeromexico flight from Paris to Mexico City was diverted to Montreal on Sunday when the US denied the flight access to its airspace after a man named in an outstanding warrant was reported aboard, an official said.
The man, whose name officials did not release, was removed from the plane at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and arrested, said Lauren Gaches, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration.
Other passengers on Aeromexico Flight 006 from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Mexico City International Airport were re-screened and allowed to re-board the flight, Gaches said.
As a matter of policy, the TSA does not confirm or deny whether a person appears on a government watch list.
"The United States` ability to refuse entry into its territory of any flight it deems to present a threat to its security is recognised by numerous countries and is consistent with international agreements," Gaches said.
TSA referred questions to Aeromexico and Canadian authorities. In Mexico City, a woman who answered the phone at Aeromexico late Sunday said no one was available to talk to the news media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali