Man arrested on US warrant after flight diverted
Washington: An Aeromexico flight from Paris to Mexico City was diverted to Montreal on Sunday when the US denied the flight access to its airspace after a man named in an outstanding warrant was reported aboard, an official said.
The man, whose name officials did not release, was removed from the plane at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and arrested, said Lauren Gaches, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration.
Other passengers on Aeromexico Flight 006 from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Mexico City International Airport were re-screened and allowed to re-board the flight, Gaches said.
As a matter of policy, the TSA does not confirm or deny whether a person appears on a government watch list.
"The United States` ability to refuse entry into its territory of any flight it deems to present a threat to its security is recognised by numerous countries and is consistent with international agreements," Gaches said.
TSA referred questions to Aeromexico and Canadian authorities. In Mexico City, a woman who answered the phone at Aeromexico late Sunday said no one was available to talk to the news media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH