Man arrested on US warrant after flight diverted
Washington: An Aeromexico flight from Paris to Mexico City was diverted to Montreal on Sunday when the US denied the flight access to its airspace after a man named in an outstanding warrant was reported aboard, an official said.
The man, whose name officials did not release, was removed from the plane at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and arrested, said Lauren Gaches, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration.
Other passengers on Aeromexico Flight 006 from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Mexico City International Airport were re-screened and allowed to re-board the flight, Gaches said.
As a matter of policy, the TSA does not confirm or deny whether a person appears on a government watch list.
"The United States` ability to refuse entry into its territory of any flight it deems to present a threat to its security is recognised by numerous countries and is consistent with international agreements," Gaches said.
TSA referred questions to Aeromexico and Canadian authorities. In Mexico City, a woman who answered the phone at Aeromexico late Sunday said no one was available to talk to the news media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU