Man axes 3 to death in south China: Report
Beijing: A man reportedly angry over his
divorce axed a woman and two children to death early on Wednesday and
wounded three others, state media cited police as saying.
The 37-year-old man named Liang Dongqiu allegedly
killed his sister-in-law and a boy and a girl, aged nine and
eight respectively, in the city of Hechi in the Guangxi
region, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
Calls to the Hechi city police rang unanswered.
Liang also wounded his 72-year-old father-in-law and
two neighbours, the report said. Xinhua cited police as saying
Liang`s rampage was sparked by his wife divorcing him.
Police have arrested Liang and are holding him in
custody, the report said. China has seen a spate of violent
attacks at schools and in public spaces this year that have
left dozens dead and wounded scores more.
The seemingly unrelated attacks have prompted calls
for more attention to diagnosing serious mental illnesses and
concern over the toll economic disparity and stress are taking
on the nation`s emotional health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion