Man axes 3 to death in south China: Report
Beijing: A man reportedly angry over his
divorce axed a woman and two children to death early on Wednesday and
wounded three others, state media cited police as saying.
The 37-year-old man named Liang Dongqiu allegedly
killed his sister-in-law and a boy and a girl, aged nine and
eight respectively, in the city of Hechi in the Guangxi
region, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
Calls to the Hechi city police rang unanswered.
Liang also wounded his 72-year-old father-in-law and
two neighbours, the report said. Xinhua cited police as saying
Liang`s rampage was sparked by his wife divorcing him.
Police have arrested Liang and are holding him in
custody, the report said. China has seen a spate of violent
attacks at schools and in public spaces this year that have
left dozens dead and wounded scores more.
The seemingly unrelated attacks have prompted calls
for more attention to diagnosing serious mental illnesses and
concern over the toll economic disparity and stress are taking
on the nation`s emotional health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video