Man carrying weapons arrested at airport in Puerto Rico
Washington: A man carrying a stun gun and other "dangerous weapons" was arrested by US Federal authorities while trying to board a flight out of Puerto Rico, the Justice Department has said.
Jose Pol, 59, a resident of Rhode Island, was arrested from Puerto Rico`s main international airport on Monday when he was about to board a Jet Blue flight 860 to Boston, and was carrying a stun gun, a pepper spray canister, four box-cutters and a switch blade knife, a statement by the Justice Department said.
Pol was in queue to pass through the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) check point at the Luis Munoz Marin Airport in Carolina, when TSA agents discovered the weapons in his carry-on luggage, it said.
"The TSA Officer asked the defendant to accompany him to the TSA security office. Pol voluntarily went and waited in the room until FBI agents arrived and took custody of him," the statement said.
The Justice Department said he was carrying two pieces of luggage, one containing a laptop and the other containing items which could be used to threaten, incapacitate, harm, injure or cause death of security personnel on board, and/or endanger lives of crew members and passengers.
"We will continue to investigate this matter vigorously until we determine the defendant`s motives in attempting to board an airliner with the dangerous weapons he was carrying," US Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodriguez-Velezx said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Companies raise Rs 26,000 cr via bond issues on NSE e-book platform
- No Indian casualty in Italy earthquake
- Banaras Hindu University male student abducted, gang-raped
- India stresses State's accountability in terror-WMD linkage
- 'RSS people killed Mahatma Gandhi' - Did Rahul Gandhi say this? Is he lying now? WATCH this video; find out