Man carrying weapons arrested at airport in Puerto Rico
Washington: A man carrying a stun gun and other "dangerous weapons" was arrested by US Federal authorities while trying to board a flight out of Puerto Rico, the Justice Department has said.
Jose Pol, 59, a resident of Rhode Island, was arrested from Puerto Rico`s main international airport on Monday when he was about to board a Jet Blue flight 860 to Boston, and was carrying a stun gun, a pepper spray canister, four box-cutters and a switch blade knife, a statement by the Justice Department said.
Pol was in queue to pass through the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) check point at the Luis Munoz Marin Airport in Carolina, when TSA agents discovered the weapons in his carry-on luggage, it said.
"The TSA Officer asked the defendant to accompany him to the TSA security office. Pol voluntarily went and waited in the room until FBI agents arrived and took custody of him," the statement said.
The Justice Department said he was carrying two pieces of luggage, one containing a laptop and the other containing items which could be used to threaten, incapacitate, harm, injure or cause death of security personnel on board, and/or endanger lives of crew members and passengers.
"We will continue to investigate this matter vigorously until we determine the defendant`s motives in attempting to board an airliner with the dangerous weapons he was carrying," US Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodriguez-Velezx said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok