Man charged in NY crash that killed couple, baby
New York: A man arrested in connection with a New York car crash that killed a rabbinical college student, his pregnant wife and their baby has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and other offences.
Julio Acevedo was arraigned on Thursday in state Supreme Court in Brooklyn and was ordered held without bail. He was also charged with three counts of assault and other offences. He arrived in the city earlier yesterday after agreeing to be returned from Pennsylvania, where he had surrendered on Wednesday.
Police in New York say Acevedo left the scene of Sunday`s fatal crash. He`s accused of speeding down a Brooklyn street and crashing into a car carrying 21-year-olds Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
Acevedo has told the Daily News he was fleeing someone who was trying to shoot at him.
The Glaubers died Sundayon . Their premature son was delivered by caesarean section and died on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH