Man charged in NY crash that killed couple, baby
New York: A man arrested in connection with a New York car crash that killed a rabbinical college student, his pregnant wife and their baby has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and other offences.
Julio Acevedo was arraigned on Thursday in state Supreme Court in Brooklyn and was ordered held without bail. He was also charged with three counts of assault and other offences. He arrived in the city earlier yesterday after agreeing to be returned from Pennsylvania, where he had surrendered on Wednesday.
Police in New York say Acevedo left the scene of Sunday`s fatal crash. He`s accused of speeding down a Brooklyn street and crashing into a car carrying 21-year-olds Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
Acevedo has told the Daily News he was fleeing someone who was trying to shoot at him.
The Glaubers died Sundayon . Their premature son was delivered by caesarean section and died on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB