Man charged in NY crash that killed couple, baby
New York: A man arrested in connection with a New York car crash that killed a rabbinical college student, his pregnant wife and their baby has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and other offences.
Julio Acevedo was arraigned on Thursday in state Supreme Court in Brooklyn and was ordered held without bail. He was also charged with three counts of assault and other offences. He arrived in the city earlier yesterday after agreeing to be returned from Pennsylvania, where he had surrendered on Wednesday.
Police in New York say Acevedo left the scene of Sunday`s fatal crash. He`s accused of speeding down a Brooklyn street and crashing into a car carrying 21-year-olds Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
Acevedo has told the Daily News he was fleeing someone who was trying to shoot at him.
The Glaubers died Sundayon . Their premature son was delivered by caesarean section and died on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?