Man charged in teen`s slaying on Obama speech day
Chicago: Authorities have charged a suspect in the shooting of an 18-year-old Chicago woman killed the same day her sister sat on stage behind President Barack Obama and listened to him push for gun control legislation.
Twenty-one-year-old Jim McPherson faces charges of murder, armed violence, unlawful use of a weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
He remained in custody yesterday on a USD 3 million bond. He`s to appear in court again next Tuesday.
Janay McFarlane was shot once in the head last Friday night in North Chicago.
McFarlane, the mother of a three-month-old boy, was in the Chicago suburb visiting friends and family.
Earlier that day, McFarlane`s 14-year-old sister was just feet away from Obama at Chicago`s Hyde Park Career Academy, where the President spoke about gun violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?