Man charged in teen`s slaying on Obama speech day
Chicago: Authorities have charged a suspect in the shooting of an 18-year-old Chicago woman killed the same day her sister sat on stage behind President Barack Obama and listened to him push for gun control legislation.
Twenty-one-year-old Jim McPherson faces charges of murder, armed violence, unlawful use of a weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
He remained in custody yesterday on a USD 3 million bond. He`s to appear in court again next Tuesday.
Janay McFarlane was shot once in the head last Friday night in North Chicago.
McFarlane, the mother of a three-month-old boy, was in the Chicago suburb visiting friends and family.
Earlier that day, McFarlane`s 14-year-old sister was just feet away from Obama at Chicago`s Hyde Park Career Academy, where the President spoke about gun violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'