Man charged in teen`s slaying on Obama speech day
Chicago: Authorities have charged a suspect in the shooting of an 18-year-old Chicago woman killed the same day her sister sat on stage behind President Barack Obama and listened to him push for gun control legislation.
Twenty-one-year-old Jim McPherson faces charges of murder, armed violence, unlawful use of a weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
He remained in custody yesterday on a USD 3 million bond. He`s to appear in court again next Tuesday.
Janay McFarlane was shot once in the head last Friday night in North Chicago.
McFarlane, the mother of a three-month-old boy, was in the Chicago suburb visiting friends and family.
Earlier that day, McFarlane`s 14-year-old sister was just feet away from Obama at Chicago`s Hyde Park Career Academy, where the President spoke about gun violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets