Man charged with exposing self as Queen toured Oz
Brisbane: A young Australian man has been
charged with exposing himself and being a public nuisance as
Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II passed by, police said on Monday.
Tens of thousands of people turned out to see the
visiting monarch as she toured the Queensland capital, her
first visit since the state was hit by devastating floods
which killed more than 30 people in January.
But among the crowd was one man who allegedly exposed
"A 22-year-old man has been charged with wilful exposure
and public nuisance," a Queensland Police spokeswoman said, adding that it was "in the vicinity of the procession."
ABC News reported that the man allegedly flashed his
buttocks at the queen.
He will appear in court later this month.
The queen is warmly regarded in Australia, a former
British colony, though from time to time debate rages about
whether ties to the monarchy should be cut and the nation
become a republic.
- DNA: Why USA's private space companies are afraid of India
- DNA: 7-year-old girl from Bandipora praises Indian Army; shames people running Kashmir agenda
- DNA: Today in History | April 28, 2016
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Indian Premier League: Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard keep Mumbai Indians in hunt for third title
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters