Man charged with exposing self as Queen toured Oz
Brisbane: A young Australian man has been
charged with exposing himself and being a public nuisance as
Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II passed by, police said on Monday.
Tens of thousands of people turned out to see the
visiting monarch as she toured the Queensland capital, her
first visit since the state was hit by devastating floods
which killed more than 30 people in January.
But among the crowd was one man who allegedly exposed
"A 22-year-old man has been charged with wilful exposure
and public nuisance," a Queensland Police spokeswoman said, adding that it was "in the vicinity of the procession."
ABC News reported that the man allegedly flashed his
buttocks at the queen.
He will appear in court later this month.
The queen is warmly regarded in Australia, a former
British colony, though from time to time debate rages about
whether ties to the monarchy should be cut and the nation
become a republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list