Man charged with spying for Syria in Germany
Berlin: German prosecutors have charged a German-Syrian dual national with spying on exiled dissidents in Germany for Syria`s intelligence services.
The federal prosecutor`s office said on Friday that it filed espionage charges at a Berlin court against the 37-year-old man, whom it identified only as Samer C in line with German privacy rules.
Prosecutors allege that the suspect worked for Syrian intelligence from March 2011 to February 2012, snooping on Syrian dissidents living in Germany. They say that his main activity was taking photos of dissidents, and he passed the information to the military attaché`s office at the Syrian embassy in Berlin.
In a separate case, a Syrian man was convicted in December of spying on dissidents in Germany from 2009-2012 and sentenced to three years and three months in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan