Man charged with terror offenses in UK
London: British police say they have charged a 30-year-old man for disseminating terrorist material, including a publication and a filmed recording of a lecture.
Scotland Yard said that Shah Jalal Hussain was charged on Wednesday with providing the material to others with the intention of encouraging terrorism.
The force said counter-terrorism police arrested Hussain at an east London address earlier on Wednesday. Hussain was kept in custody and is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates` Court on Thursday.
Hussain is linked to investigations into another man who was charged earlier with three similar offenses.
The man, 30-year-old Ibrahim Abdullah-Hassan who also goes by the name Abu Nusaybah was arrested last month after he gave a television interview on the BBC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam