Man chased for killing traffic police commits suicide
Beijing: A suspected drug addict allegedly killed a traffic police officer before committing suicide, as police pursued him in northern China.
Zhang Fei, 39, used a razor blade to slash an artery and vein in his neck in a rented vehicle around 5 pm Thursday. He later died in the hospital, according to a statement from the Public Security Bureau of Baotou City.
Zhang, a drug addict, was caught driving a stolen unlicensed minibus on the morning of Feb 23, and was suspected of deliberately hitting Zheng Shijie, a 33-year-old traffic police officer, who was trying to stop the vehicle, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
After holding on to the vehicle`s windshield wipers for 700 meters, Zheng was thrown onto the ground and then run over by the minibus.
Zheng died at the scene, and Zhang was on the run until being spotted by police on Thursday in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of northern China, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan