Man chased for killing traffic police commits suicide
Beijing: A suspected drug addict allegedly killed a traffic police officer before committing suicide, as police pursued him in northern China.
Zhang Fei, 39, used a razor blade to slash an artery and vein in his neck in a rented vehicle around 5 pm Thursday. He later died in the hospital, according to a statement from the Public Security Bureau of Baotou City.
Zhang, a drug addict, was caught driving a stolen unlicensed minibus on the morning of Feb 23, and was suspected of deliberately hitting Zheng Shijie, a 33-year-old traffic police officer, who was trying to stop the vehicle, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
After holding on to the vehicle`s windshield wipers for 700 meters, Zheng was thrown onto the ground and then run over by the minibus.
Zheng died at the scene, and Zhang was on the run until being spotted by police on Thursday in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of northern China, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried