Man chased for killing traffic police commits suicide
Beijing: A suspected drug addict allegedly killed a traffic police officer before committing suicide, as police pursued him in northern China.
Zhang Fei, 39, used a razor blade to slash an artery and vein in his neck in a rented vehicle around 5 pm Thursday. He later died in the hospital, according to a statement from the Public Security Bureau of Baotou City.
Zhang, a drug addict, was caught driving a stolen unlicensed minibus on the morning of Feb 23, and was suspected of deliberately hitting Zheng Shijie, a 33-year-old traffic police officer, who was trying to stop the vehicle, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
After holding on to the vehicle`s windshield wipers for 700 meters, Zheng was thrown onto the ground and then run over by the minibus.
Zheng died at the scene, and Zhang was on the run until being spotted by police on Thursday in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of northern China, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!