Man chased for killing traffic police commits suicide
Beijing: A suspected drug addict allegedly killed a traffic police officer before committing suicide, as police pursued him in northern China.
Zhang Fei, 39, used a razor blade to slash an artery and vein in his neck in a rented vehicle around 5 pm Thursday. He later died in the hospital, according to a statement from the Public Security Bureau of Baotou City.
Zhang, a drug addict, was caught driving a stolen unlicensed minibus on the morning of Feb 23, and was suspected of deliberately hitting Zheng Shijie, a 33-year-old traffic police officer, who was trying to stop the vehicle, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
After holding on to the vehicle`s windshield wipers for 700 meters, Zheng was thrown onto the ground and then run over by the minibus.
Zheng died at the scene, and Zhang was on the run until being spotted by police on Thursday in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of northern China, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'