Man chased for killing traffic police commits suicide
Beijing: A suspected drug addict allegedly killed a traffic police officer before committing suicide, as police pursued him in northern China.
Zhang Fei, 39, used a razor blade to slash an artery and vein in his neck in a rented vehicle around 5 pm Thursday. He later died in the hospital, according to a statement from the Public Security Bureau of Baotou City.
Zhang, a drug addict, was caught driving a stolen unlicensed minibus on the morning of Feb 23, and was suspected of deliberately hitting Zheng Shijie, a 33-year-old traffic police officer, who was trying to stop the vehicle, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
After holding on to the vehicle`s windshield wipers for 700 meters, Zheng was thrown onto the ground and then run over by the minibus.
Zheng died at the scene, and Zhang was on the run until being spotted by police on Thursday in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of northern China, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH