Man chokes to death on chewing gum in UK
London: A 59-year-old Briton choked to death after a two-cm piece of chewing gum blocked his windpipe.
Michael Leslie Jones collapsed outside his home after a night-out with friends in north Wales, The Sun reported.
He was found by neighbours, and paramedics tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at a hospital.
A post mortem found the chewing gum lodged in his windpipe.
An inquest heard that the man had a drink but was not drunk.
"He was steady on his feet and had not complained of feeling unwell," an official said.
"Hopefully, people will be more aware of the dangers of chewing gum," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown