Man chokes to death on chewing gum in UK
London: A 59-year-old Briton choked to death after a two-cm piece of chewing gum blocked his windpipe.
Michael Leslie Jones collapsed outside his home after a night-out with friends in north Wales, The Sun reported.
He was found by neighbours, and paramedics tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at a hospital.
A post mortem found the chewing gum lodged in his windpipe.
An inquest heard that the man had a drink but was not drunk.
"He was steady on his feet and had not complained of feeling unwell," an official said.
"Hopefully, people will be more aware of the dangers of chewing gum," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside