Man chokes to death on chewing gum in UK
London: A 59-year-old Briton choked to death after a two-cm piece of chewing gum blocked his windpipe.
Michael Leslie Jones collapsed outside his home after a night-out with friends in north Wales, The Sun reported.
He was found by neighbours, and paramedics tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at a hospital.
A post mortem found the chewing gum lodged in his windpipe.
An inquest heard that the man had a drink but was not drunk.
"He was steady on his feet and had not complained of feeling unwell," an official said.
"Hopefully, people will be more aware of the dangers of chewing gum," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!