Man chokes to death on chewing gum in UK
London: A 59-year-old Briton choked to death after a two-cm piece of chewing gum blocked his windpipe.
Michael Leslie Jones collapsed outside his home after a night-out with friends in north Wales, The Sun reported.
He was found by neighbours, and paramedics tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at a hospital.
A post mortem found the chewing gum lodged in his windpipe.
An inquest heard that the man had a drink but was not drunk.
"He was steady on his feet and had not complained of feeling unwell," an official said.
"Hopefully, people will be more aware of the dangers of chewing gum," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi