Man chokes to death on chewing gum in UK
London: A 59-year-old Briton choked to death after a two-cm piece of chewing gum blocked his windpipe.
Michael Leslie Jones collapsed outside his home after a night-out with friends in north Wales, The Sun reported.
He was found by neighbours, and paramedics tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at a hospital.
A post mortem found the chewing gum lodged in his windpipe.
An inquest heard that the man had a drink but was not drunk.
"He was steady on his feet and had not complained of feeling unwell," an official said.
"Hopefully, people will be more aware of the dangers of chewing gum," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today