Man, daughter die after hostage crisis in Holland
The Hague: A hostage situation in a Dutch town ended Thursday with the death of hostage-taker and his three-year-old daughter, police said.
The incident occurred during morning time when the man, a resident of Limburg province`s Reuver town, got involved in a fight with his ex-wife. She had recently ended their relationship, Xinhua reported.
The furious man shot her in the leg with a gun, prompting a neighbour to pull the wounded lady into his house. But the shooter escaped to another house while taking his own three-year-old daughter hostage.
As police arrived, it surrounded the man`s house and sealed off the area. While residents were adviced to stay indoors, the injured woman was rushed to hospital.
Following negotiations with the hostage-taker, a police team entered the house at around three o` clock in the afternoon. But they only found the dead bodies of the man and his little daughter, according to reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond