Man detained in China for sending security threat message
Beijing: Chinese police have detained a 29-year-old suspect who allegedly sent a threatening message forcing a domestic flight to divert.
The man, identified as Xiong Yi, was caught today in a hotel in Dongguan city in southern province of Guangdong, according to the police of central China`s Hubei Province, where Xiong resides, state-run Xinhua news agency reproted.
Shenzhen Airlines received an anonymous phone call on Thursday evening after its flight ZH9706 took off from Xiangyang in Hubei for Shenzhen in Guangdong.
The flight landed at an airport in Hubei`s capital Wuhan at 11:24 pm Out of concerns for passenger safety. Police conducted a thorough inspection but found no dangerous items on the aircraft or in the passengers` belongings.
There was no mention of what exactly Xiong`s threat message. This is the second incident within the week.
An Air China flight from Beijing to New York was forced to return to Beijing over a threatening message Wednesday evening. No abnormalities were detected on the flight, either.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief