Man detained in China for sending security threat message
Beijing: Chinese police have detained a 29-year-old suspect who allegedly sent a threatening message forcing a domestic flight to divert.
The man, identified as Xiong Yi, was caught today in a hotel in Dongguan city in southern province of Guangdong, according to the police of central China`s Hubei Province, where Xiong resides, state-run Xinhua news agency reproted.
Shenzhen Airlines received an anonymous phone call on Thursday evening after its flight ZH9706 took off from Xiangyang in Hubei for Shenzhen in Guangdong.
The flight landed at an airport in Hubei`s capital Wuhan at 11:24 pm Out of concerns for passenger safety. Police conducted a thorough inspection but found no dangerous items on the aircraft or in the passengers` belongings.
There was no mention of what exactly Xiong`s threat message. This is the second incident within the week.
An Air China flight from Beijing to New York was forced to return to Beijing over a threatening message Wednesday evening. No abnormalities were detected on the flight, either.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa