Man disrupts US flight by screaming about CIA
Washington: A man stood up from his seat during a flight to the US, and screamed about the CIA, security leaks and poison, but was subdued by fellow passengers, a media report said Tuesday.
The disruption occurred Monday during the United Airlines Flight 116 from Hong Kong that eventually landed safely at its scheduled destination in Newark, CNN reported.
Passengers onboard the Boeing 777 flight said the unidentified man began screaming around 10 hours into the flight.
"There was this gentleman screaming that he had names of people that work for the CIA and he was screaming those names - not making too much sense," a passenger, Jacques Roizen, told CNN.
A group of passengers tackled him when the man reached for something in his pocket.
"He resisted and started saying things like `they`re trying to kill me, they`re trying to poison me`," Roizen said.
Roizen said one of the first things the man mentioned was the "NSA leaker", and that he wanted the flight diverted to Canada.
Edward Snowden, who has admitted to leaking National Security Agency documents about classified US surveillance programmes to journalists, has fled to Hong Kong.
Plane crew members provided plastic handcuffs to restrain the disruptive passenger, after which he calmed down, Roizen said.
Law enforcement officials later took the man to a hospital for evaluation, an FBI spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan