Man faces 5-yr jail for hacking wife`s emails
New York: A 33-year-old man is facing up to five years in jail in the US for allegedly hacking his wife`s e-mails, after he suspected her of cheating on him, a media report said.
Leon Walker has been charged by prosecutors in Oakland county, Michigan, under the state`s anti-hacking laws aimed at preventing identity theft in the US, for allegedly reading her wife Clara`s e-mails without her prior permission, The Daily Telegraph online reported.
Leon had suspected his wife, who had been married twice before, was having an affair with her ex-husband. He is alleged to have used his computer skills to gain access to her e-mail account on their shared home computer and discovered e-mails which confirmed his suspicions that his wife was cheating on him.
Leon handed the e-mails over to the son of Clara`s first husband who was forced into revealing the source of the leaked e-mails. When his wife realised her e-mails were read, she lodged a complaint with authorities. Clara later divorced him earlier this month, when he was arrested for hacking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray