Man falls from air ambulance in Australia, dies
Canberra: An Australian backpacker Saturday fell to his death from an air ambulance while he was being rescued after hurting his ankle near Mansfield town in Australia`s Victoria state, Sky News reported.
"I understand he was at the door of the helicopter and they were attempting to get him into the helicopter when it happened," said Ambulance Victoria chief executive Greg Sassella.
"The flight crew and the paramedic winched back down to the scene to attempt to resuscitate the patient but unfortunately he was beyond help," Sassella added.
Ambulance Victoria suspended all winching operations following the incident. Sassella said the equipment used in the accident was of a very high standard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'