Man fined for divorcing wife inside car
Kuala Lumpur: A Muslim man has been fined Rs 7,000 by an Islamic Shariah court in Malaysia for divorcing his wife inside a car, local media reports said on Friday.
The Malay daily Harian Metro said that the man,
Hasbullah Hashim, a training manager had lost his temper and
proclaimed the divorce three years ago while in a car with his
Hasbullah 53, was charged under the Islamic Family
Law Act for divorcing outside the court without permission.
He also faces 10 days in prison if the fine is not
settled. Before passing the sentence, Sharia judge Rafidah
Abdul Razak advised him to be patient when dealing with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'