Man fined for divorcing wife inside car
Kuala Lumpur: A Muslim man has been fined Rs 7,000 by an Islamic Shariah court in Malaysia for divorcing his wife inside a car, local media reports said on Friday.
The Malay daily Harian Metro said that the man,
Hasbullah Hashim, a training manager had lost his temper and
proclaimed the divorce three years ago while in a car with his
Hasbullah 53, was charged under the Islamic Family
Law Act for divorcing outside the court without permission.
He also faces 10 days in prison if the fine is not
settled. Before passing the sentence, Sharia judge Rafidah
Abdul Razak advised him to be patient when dealing with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’