Man goes on killing spree in China, murders six
Beijing: A 62-year-old employee at a private chemical factory in eastern China has gunned down five people in a rare shooting incident in the country after pounding one of his colleagues to death.
The suspect, surnamed Fan, killed four of his colleagues, a taxi driver and a sentry at a local military compound in China`s largest city, Shanghai, on Friday evening.
At first Fan pounded his colleague, surnamed Zhang, to death around 5pm on Friday at the factory he worked in Shanghai`s Baoshan District, the Shanghai Public Security Bureau said on the microblogging site Sina Weibo.
He then took his hunting rifle hidden in his dormitory and asked driver of an taxi to take him to another district. He gunned down the driver on the way and then drove the vehicle back to Baoshan, Hong Kong`s The South China Morning Post reported.
Fan then killed a soldier who was guarding the entrance to a nearby barrack and grabbed the soldier`s gun. He then returned to the factory and fatally shot three more people with his hunting rifle, including a manager.
Policemen patrolling the factory overpowered Fan about six hours after his killing spree started, and retrieved both guns at around 11.15pm.
Witnesses saw about 10 police vehicles parked on a street near the factory as policemen cordoned off the street. Police are still investigating the case.
Guns are hard to get hold of in China. Firearms are tightly controlled and most of the privately owned guns are illegal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam