Man goes on stabbing spree in China, kills two
Beijing: An insane man went on a stabbing
spree in a Chinese village on Tuesday, killing an eight-year-old
boy and a 70-year-old woman and seriously injuring five
Police said a "crazy" man stabbed the boy and the woman
to death this afternoon near a village primary school in south
China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
The suspect, around 40 years old, also injured five other
people - two boys, aged seven and 12, a girl aged seven, and a
couple close to Xizhen Primary School in Xichang Town, as
students left the school after the day`s classes.
Police arrested the suspect and he has been identified as
a lunatic official, Xinhua news agency quoted the spokesman
with Beihai City`s publicity department.
The injured are being treated in a local hospital and one
of them is in critical condition, he said.
There were reportedly public protests in the village
following the incident and the police took away the body of
the boy apparently to prevent passions from rising.
This was second such incident in less than a month.
In Fujian province, a doctor apparently angry over losing
his job went on a killing spree attacking school children with
machete. Eight children died in the massacre.
He later said that he resorted to the gory killings not
out of lunacy but "to take revenge on society" for his
The attacker Minsheng told police in Nanping that his
action was a result of "joblessness, several failed
relationships, and irritation" toward people borne out of his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj