Man goes on stabbing spree in China, kills two
Beijing: An insane man went on a stabbing
spree in a Chinese village on Tuesday, killing an eight-year-old
boy and a 70-year-old woman and seriously injuring five
Police said a "crazy" man stabbed the boy and the woman
to death this afternoon near a village primary school in south
China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
The suspect, around 40 years old, also injured five other
people - two boys, aged seven and 12, a girl aged seven, and a
couple close to Xizhen Primary School in Xichang Town, as
students left the school after the day`s classes.
Police arrested the suspect and he has been identified as
a lunatic official, Xinhua news agency quoted the spokesman
with Beihai City`s publicity department.
The injured are being treated in a local hospital and one
of them is in critical condition, he said.
There were reportedly public protests in the village
following the incident and the police took away the body of
the boy apparently to prevent passions from rising.
This was second such incident in less than a month.
In Fujian province, a doctor apparently angry over losing
his job went on a killing spree attacking school children with
machete. Eight children died in the massacre.
He later said that he resorted to the gory killings not
out of lunacy but "to take revenge on society" for his
The attacker Minsheng told police in Nanping that his
action was a result of "joblessness, several failed
relationships, and irritation" toward people borne out of his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal