Man hacks three kids to death in China
Beijing: Three children were killed and 13 others wounded by an axe-wielding man who attacked a daycare centre on Friday in southern China, local officials said.
This afternoon, local police received the report that a man rushed into a residence and slashed 16 children, who were at the noon care, with a wood chopper, according to Pingnan county government in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
All injured were rushed to hospital.
Three children died in the attack and 13 others were injured, officials were quoted by the state-run Xinhua news agency as saying.
The suspect, surnamed Wu, has been arrested by police.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
In the past two years China has seen several violent attacks against children, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?