Man hacks three kids to death in China
Beijing: Three children were killed and 13 others wounded by an axe-wielding man who attacked a daycare centre on Friday in southern China, local officials said.
This afternoon, local police received the report that a man rushed into a residence and slashed 16 children, who were at the noon care, with a wood chopper, according to Pingnan county government in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
All injured were rushed to hospital.
Three children died in the attack and 13 others were injured, officials were quoted by the state-run Xinhua news agency as saying.
The suspect, surnamed Wu, has been arrested by police.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
In the past two years China has seen several violent attacks against children, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September