Man hacks three kids to death in China
Beijing: Three children were killed and 13 others wounded by an axe-wielding man who attacked a daycare centre on Friday in southern China, local officials said.
This afternoon, local police received the report that a man rushed into a residence and slashed 16 children, who were at the noon care, with a wood chopper, according to Pingnan county government in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
All injured were rushed to hospital.
Three children died in the attack and 13 others were injured, officials were quoted by the state-run Xinhua news agency as saying.
The suspect, surnamed Wu, has been arrested by police.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
In the past two years China has seen several violent attacks against children, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees