Man hacks three kids to death in China
Beijing: Three children were killed and 13 others wounded by an axe-wielding man who attacked a daycare centre on Friday in southern China, local officials said.
This afternoon, local police received the report that a man rushed into a residence and slashed 16 children, who were at the noon care, with a wood chopper, according to Pingnan county government in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
All injured were rushed to hospital.
Three children died in the attack and 13 others were injured, officials were quoted by the state-run Xinhua news agency as saying.
The suspect, surnamed Wu, has been arrested by police.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
In the past two years China has seen several violent attacks against children, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters